Thursday, May 7, 2015

Hot Pursuit

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sexual content, violence, language 
and some drug material
Run Time: 87 Minutes
My Rating: 2.5/5
So tonight my wife and I saw Warner Bros' and New Line Cinema's Hot Pursuit starring Reese Witherspoon (Wild) and Sofia Vergara (ABC's Modern Family).  The film tells the story of a by-the-book, uptight cop (Witherspoon) who is put in charge of protecting the widow of a drug boss (Vergara) who is supposed to testify against the biggest drug lord in America. However, what seems like an easy task turns into a fiasco when they find out that the drug lord isn't the only person after them.  
So personally I was expecting a whole lot more from this movie. That's not to say that I thought the movie was bad or anything, I was just expecting more.  I have said this before, but I love Reese Witherspoon as an actress.  I think she is great in both dramatic and comedic roles.  However, I feel like neither her nor Sofia Vergara were used to their full potential.  I mean most of the jokes that the writers came up with was either calling Reese Witherspoon short or saying that Sofia Vergara was old or has a weird accent.  While at times it can be funny, by the end of the film, it is just gets boring and tiresome.  There is so much more that could have happened to make the film more exciting, but unfortunately they don't happen.  To be completely honest, the best part about this film is during the credits where they show bloopers.  It is then that you finally see Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara finally acting like themselves and actually look like they are having a good time.
Now though I thought that the film could have been better and the writers could have used the two stars better, probably the greatest thing about this film and really the only thing that saved the film as a whole was the great relationship and chemistry between Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara. They work so well together and are able to help push each other to the next level.  I personally would love to see these two in another movie together, but hopefully the next one will be a whole lot better than this.
Overall, I thought that this film was just okay.  Personally, I would probably watch it again, but I would wait until it came to the dollar theater  There are definitely better comedies that have been made, but if you have free time and want a few good laughs then you might want to check this out. This film is definitely not for everyone and if you think that you aren't going to like it, then you probably won't and you should skip it.  

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment