Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Gift

MPAA Rating: R for language
Run Time: 108 Minutes
My Rating 5/5
So Monday I saw Blumhouse Productions' The Gift starring Jason Bateman (Bad Words), Rebecca Hall (Iron Man 3), and Joel Edgerton (Warrior), who also wrote and directed the film.  It tells the story of a young married couple, Simon and Robyn, whose lives change forever when Simon runs into an old high school colleague, Gordo.  Now, after a series of uninviting and eerie encounters and gifts, secrets from Simon's past begin to unfold and Robyn begins to wonder how much she really knows about her husband.
I loved this film and I would say that this is one of my favorite films of the entire year.  In his first time in the director chair, Joel Edgerton does an amazing job and I think that he has a bright career as a director.  He truly created an intense and memorable psychological feature that will stay in the minds of the audience for years to come.  This film is scary because it is real and is very prevalent in today's society.  Thought I think this film is absolutely amazing, I wish that they could have toned down the language so that younger audiences could see this film because it truly could teach them something about life.  With that being said, the cast does a phenomenal job and each one of them deserves praise for their performances.  Joel Edgerton deserves to be recognized during the upcoming awards season because is performance is chilling and flawless.
Overall, I honestly can not get enough of this film.  In fact, I have already seen this film twice and each time I am just enthralled in the story.  If you want a good suspenseful film, you definitely need to see this film.  This is one of the best films of the year and one that I believe everyone should see. This film teaches some great life lessons and truly makes you wonder and question those around you. This is definitely a must-see and worth your money

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment