Friday, January 29, 2016

Kung Fu Panda 3

MPAA Rating: PG for martial arts action and some mild rude humor
Run Time: 95 Minutes
My Rating: 4.5/5
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while, but school has been crazy the past couple of weeks. With that said, today my daughter and I saw Dreamworks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 3 starring the voice cast of the past two movies (Jack Black, Angelina Jolie-Pitt, and Dustin Hoffman) as well as adding the incredible voice talent of J.K. Simmons (Whiplash), Kate Hudson (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days), and Bryan Cranston (AMC's Breaking Bad).  Kung Fu Panda 3 continues the adventures of Po, the Dragon Warrior, and the Furious Five as they face their toughest opponent yet, Kai who is drawing on the power of all the Kung Fu Masters to accomplish his evil plans.  Now, Po must learn who he is by meeting is long-lost family in order to defeat Kai and save the Kung Fu Masters.
So I thought this film was great and definitely an amazing start to 2016 for animation.  In my opinion the Kung Fu Panda franchise is one of the best animated franchises out there and this one does not disappoint.  One of the best thing about this film is the voice talent.  Jack Black has definitely made this character his own and now I can't imagine anyone else in the role.  Personally, I will continue to watch these movies as long as Jack Black stays in the role.  The rest of the actors and actresses do amazing jobs and definitely bring the characters to life.  Another great thing about it is the story.  I don't know how they keep finding stories to tell with these characters, but I love them.  This one is no exception.  The story provides a good balance of laughter as well as emotion to truly be perfect for the entire family.
Though I thought the film was great, its major flaw is its script.  The script provides many of the same jokes that have been used in previous films.  While they may be funny and entertaining, I was looking for more originality., but that may just be me.
Overall, I thought it was very entertaining and definitely a movie that is worth the time and cost to see in theater.  It is one that the entire family will enjoy and love.  If this is a just a preview of the quality of animation that we will be getting this year, we are in great shape.  This is a great film and one that will not disappoint!!

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment