Thursday, September 10, 2015

War Room

MPAA Rating: PG for thematic elements throughout
Run Time: 120 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been posting as much anymore. With the new baby and school starting I am finding it hard to find time to see movies now.  I know it is very heartbreaking, but I will try to do better.  I plan on seeing a few films in the next couple days so hopefully I can get back on track. With that being said, this past week my wife and I had the opportunity to see Affirm Films' War Room starring T.C. Stallings (Courageous), Karen Abercrombie (CW's The Vampire Diaries), and newcomer Priscilla C. Shirer.  The film tells the story of the Jordan family, a couple who seemingly have it all.  They have a beautiful daughter, great jobs, and a dream home.  However, their lives and their marriage are falling apart as they spend more time arguing with each other than anything else. Then one day while working, Elizabeth Jordan meets Miss Clara, an older, wiser woman, who begins to tell Elizabeth how the power of prayer and the power of God can save her marriage.  With this newly energized faith, Elizabeth begins to see her life and her family's life transform into the kind of family she always dreamed of having.
This film is spectacular and is one that I would definitely recommend everyone to see.  It is by far one of the most inspirational films I have seen all year and one that really resonates to the right kind of audience.  In fact, during the middle of my screening, the audience was already clapping and cheering.  It was so moving to me to see an audience react so well to a film.  Another thing that I loved about this film is the acting.  Though most of the cast are relatively newcomers to the big screen, they all appeared to be veterans.  Sadly, most of these performances will be glossed over by the Academy, I personally believe that each actor gives award winning performances and should at least be recognized by this critic.  Finally, the best thing about this film is the power that it has.  In all reality, this film came to theaters without anyone really knowing that it existed, but in the past two weeks it has taken the country by storm.  In fact, last weekend it was able to beat out Straight Outta Compton, something that most people never would have predicted.  If nothing else, it shows you that this film is spectacular and it is a film that audiences want to see.
This film was amazing and it would be one that I think everyone should see.  This is a family movie with some great lessons to be learned.  If you need some inspiration in your life, War Room will provide just that.  This will be a film that many people will be talking about and will resonate deeply in their lives.

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment