Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Intern

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some suggestive content and brief strong language
Run Time: 121 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
So today my wife and I saw Warner Brothers' The Intern starring Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables) and Robert De Niro (Silver Linings Playbook).  The film tells the story of 70 year old Ben Whittaker who decides to come out of retirement and intern at an online fashion site.  While there, he becomes the personal intern to the company's founder Jules Ostin, who find out that even though she is a successful businesswoman, she still has a lot that she can learn about life.
So I absolutely loved this film.  It is full of heart, has a fantastic script, and has incredible acting. The film definitely knows its target audience and it is tailor made for them.  It feels like all those involved had a blast making this film and even though it won't be a huge blockbuster, the film deserves a lot of credit. One of the best things about this film is its script.  It is hilarious and very inventive. Though there were some moments in the film that I wished would have gone differently, overall, the script does a great job and has some pretty incredible moments.  The script and film are only magnified by the amazing acting by the film's stars. Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro work so well together and I hope that they will do another film soon.  They have impeccable chemistry and give the film their all.  This is probably one of my favorite films for both of these actors.  They are hilarious in this film and I just couldn't get enough of them.
Overall, I loved this film.  There is honestly nothing bad that I can say about this film.  I would definitely recommend this film to anyone.  This is a fantastic comedy with a lot of heart.  This is definitely one of the best films out right now and possibly of the year.  If there is one comedy that you need to see this year, this is it.  I promise you will not regret it!!!

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment