Saturday, February 6, 2016

Hail, Caesar!

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some suggestive content and smoking
Run Time: 106 Minutes
My Rating: 1.5/5
So today my family and I saw Universal Pictures' Hail, Caesar! starring Josh Brolin (Everest), George Clooney (Tomorrowland), Alden Ehrenreich (Beautiful Creatures), Ralph Fiennes (Spectre), Scarlett Johansson (Avengers: Age of Ultron), and Channing Tatum (22 Jump Street).  It tells the story of Eddie Mannix, a Hollywood fixer, in the 1950's who must find movie star Baird Whitlock when he gets kidnapped from an organization only known as The Future.
So after watching this film, I definitely have mixed emotions.  For one thing as I watched the individual scenes, there were moments of greatness, but unfortunately those individuals scenes come together in a very incoherent movie.  The entire time my wife and I were trying to figure out what was going on, but we couldn't figure out how everything was supposed to come together.  With that said, the actors and actresses bring their respective abilities to full use,but unfortunately that doesn't save the film entirely.  Unfortunately, I am not the only one to think this.  After the movie was over, almost everyone in the theater were trying to figure out what they just saw.  I didn't hear a good thing said about this film while I was leaving.  That is really sad, but unfortunately true.
Overall, this film has some good scenes, but they just don't come together.  It is real unfortunate because the cast is spectacular and they actually do a good job.  This is definitely a film that I wouldn't recommend people see, because frankly its not worth the price of admission.  Definitely stay away from this film because there are definitely better films out right now!!

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions comments or ideas just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment