Saturday, June 20, 2015

Inside Out

MPAA Rating: PG for mild thematic elements and some action.
Run Time: 94 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
So today my wife and I saw Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Pictures' Inside Out starring the amazing voice talent of Amy Poehler (NBC's Parks and Recreation), Phyllis Smith (NBC's The Office), Mindy Kaling (Fox's The Mindy Project), Bill Hader (NBC's Saturday Night Live), and Lewis Black (Accepted).  The film tells the story of Riley, an 11 year old girl whose life gets turned upside-down when her parents decide to move from their Midwest home to live in San Francisco for her father's new job.  Like all of us, Riley is guided through life by her emotions - joy, sadness, anger, disgust, and fear.  Her emotions live in the Headquarters inside of Riley where they help her live day to day.  However, when things get hectic in Headquarters, Joy, Riley's key emotion, gets lost and without her, the other emotions begin to conflict on how to best live in this new city.
So this film is absolutely amazing.  In my humble opinion, this is the best Pixar film ever and by far the best film of the year so far!!  I know that is saying a lot, but I honestly believe every word of it. I have been excited for this film for a while and this film completely exceeded my already high expectations.  The film brings on the usual Pixar charm, but there is just something extra in this film that makes this film extra special.  I mean I was hearing sobs and seeing tears from audience members in the very first minute of the film and those sobs and tears lasted the entire film.  With that being said, even though there were tears, there was a lot of laughs along the way.  This film literally has it all and through all the wonderful emotions that this film brings, the film's true strength comes from its amazing voice talent.  Though all the trailers tried to focus on Amy Poehler's "Joy", or Lewis Black's "Anger," and they do a fantastic job, the real power voice in the film comes from Phyllis Smith as "Sadness."  I have always been a fan of Phyllis Smith and personally I think that she is underrated in everything that she has been in.  She is absolutely amazing in this film and I honestly believe she is the reason why the film is so good.  She is so great and she is complimented by her other outstanding co-stars.
So I honestly can't say a single bad thing about this film.  I absolutely loved this film and I think everyone should see it.  The film has something for both kids and adults.  Pixar has done it again with Inside Out and it would be shame if you did not go see this film and experience its greatness.

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment