Saturday, June 27, 2015

Max

MPAA Rating: PG for action violence, peril, brief language and some thematic elements
Run Time: 111 Minutes
My Rating: 3/5
Hey everyone!!!  So today my wife and I saw Warner Brothers and Metro-Goldwyn Mayer's Max starring Thomas Haden Church (We Bought A Zoo), Lauren Graham (WB's Gilmore Girls), and Robbie Amell (The Duff).  The film pays tribute to the war dogs that sacrifice their lives in order to help the marines in Afghanistan.  This film follows the story the of the war dog Max who after his handler is killed during battle returns to the United States and is adopted by his handler's family. However, as his new family tries to adjust to their newest member, they learn what it truly means to be a hero.
So I thought this movie was really good.  I really didn't know what to expect when I first saw this trailer for this show, but I was quite surprised by the outcome of the film.  Now I am not saying that his film is amazing, but it definitely is a good film to watch and probably one that I would watch again.  The best thing about this film would have to be the dog.  The dog is definitely what keeps this film together.  I never realized how important dogs are to the military before I watched this film.  They are such an integral part and save so many lives that they deserve to be recognized.  That is the greatness of the film and the reason why this film is as good as it is.
Besides introducing the audience to a new type of hero and seeing this incredible dog on the screen, the film mostly falls flat.  Yes, the film is entertaining, but the problem with it is that the writers tried to incorporate so many different stories that it all gets jumbled up.  Also there were so many characters that I just couldn't stand that I was bugged for most of the movie.  The whole movie just didn't live up to its potential and if it had just focused on one story, it would have been a much better film.
Overall, the film was just alright.  It wasn't the best film I have seen this year, but it also is not the worst.  This film gave me a new appreciation for everyone fighting for country, both humans and animals.  This film teaches a lot of good lessons that everyone should learn.   This is definitely a good film to take the entire family.

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment