Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Goosebumps

MPAA Rating: PG for scary and intense creature action and images, and for some rude humor
Run Time: 103 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
Hey everyone, I have been super busy the last few days, but Monday night I saw Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation's Goosebumps starring Jack Black (School of Rock), Dylan Minnette (Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day), Odeya Rush (The Giver), Ryan Lee (ABC's Trophy Wife), and Amy Ryan (Bridge of Spies).  It tells the story of Zach Cooper, who after moving to a new town with his mother meets his beautiful next-door neighbor Hannah.  Zach eventually learns that Hannah's strange father is R.L. Stine, the author of the bestselling Goosebumps books.  However, it turns out that R.L. Stine is so strange because the monsters in his books are real and he protects everyone by keeping his manuscripts locked.  Now, after Zach accidentally unleashes the monsters, he must team up with R.L. Stine in order to put them back in the books where they belong.
So I loved this film.  This was one of my favorite movies of the year and probably one of the most entertaining films of the year.  Having grown up reading the Goosebumps books, it was fantastic seeing all the characters that gave me nightmares as a child on the big screen.  It was the Goosebumps books that got me hooked on horror and I honestly believe that this is a great film to introduce kids to the horror genre as well.  This film is just entertaining, while still keeping true to the source material.  I could not have imagined a better way to adapt the Goosebumps series and as a fan, I was truly satisfied.  The film has so many great aspects to it, that in my opinion, there really is no flaw to it.  One thing that really surprised me was the cast.  When I first saw that Jack Black was in it, I was afraid that he would be able to capture the greatness of the Goosebumps series, but I was wrong.  He does a great job and works so well with the younger cast.  I see a bright future for this young cast and after this film, their future seems even brighter.
So if you couldn't tell, I can't say enough good things about this film.  This is one of the films that I am going to use to introduce my kids to the horror genre.  This is everything I would have wanted in a Goosebumps film and everyone that was in my theater seemed satisfied.  This is a great film for parents and kids alike.  If you have time, you have to see this film because it is one of the most entertaining films you will see all year!!!

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment