Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Woodlawn

MPAA Rating: PG for thematic elements including some racial tension/violence
Run Time: 123 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
Sorry this post is coming so late, but school has been crazy.  With that being said, on Monday my daughter and I saw Pure Flix Cinema's Woodlawn starring Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings Trilogy), Nic Bishop (USA's Covert Affairs), Sherri Shepherd (NBC's 30 Rock), Jon Voight (Holes), and newcomer Caleb Castille.  It tells the inspiring true story of a high school football team in Alabama who must battle against racial tensions among each other and the town, when the school becomes one of the first schools to be racially integrated.  However, after a religious motivational speaker comes to talk to them, they realize that as they turn their lives towards Christ and find that race shouldn't matter, miracles do happen.
So I absolutely loved this film.  It had an excellent story and an excellent cast.  As stated above, this is based on a true story and it is truly inspiring.  There is no way that one can leave the theater without having a great new attitude about life, people, and Christ.  If this film does one thing, it shows how important Christ and his teaching can change lives and attitudes and the fact that this is a true story even makes it better.  It gives a spectacular message and I love how professional athletes and really anyone can contribute Christ's teachings to their success.  With that being said, the cast does a fantastic job.  They all give spectacular performances and truly deserve praise for what they were able to accomplish.  I am always impressed by the great casts that these Christian films are able to have and this one is no different.
I really have no criticism for this film.  If I had to say something, it may have felt a little long, but it didn't bother me as much as some other films have this year.
Overall, I loved this film.  I think everyone needs to see it.  It is probably one of the best sports movies to come out in a long time.  This year has had some pretty spectacular Christian films and this one is no different.  If you want to be inspired, this is the film for you.  I promise you that you will not leave disappointed!!

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment