Friday, November 6, 2015

The Peanuts Movie

MPAA Rating: G
Run Time: 93 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while, but school has been very hectic and I haven't had anytime to do anything other than that.  With that being said, today my daughter and I saw 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios' The Peanuts Movie.  The film stars a group of young newcomers to add their voice talents to the characters.  The Peanuts Movie brings together everyone's favorite gang in Charlie Brown, Lucy, Sally, Linus, Snoopy and the rest to the big-screen for the first time. In this adventure, it follows Charlie Brown as he tries to impress the new girl across the street. Along the way, America's most lovable dog embarks on a high-flying adventure against his arch-nemesis the Red Baron.
So I loved this film.  This was on my list of my most anticipated movies of 2015 and this film did not disappoint.  I was so excited for this film because I grew up watching the Peanuts episodes and this film definitely brought me back to my childhood.  This is everything I wanted in a Peanuts film.  One of the things I loved about it was the nostalgia factor. The creators definitely brought in a lot of elements that made the past episodes fantastic.  This is great because the adults in the audience can share their favorite Peanuts moments with their children or just relive their childhood.  In fact, I think there were more adults in my screening than there were children.  However, the children that were there loved it and my daughter was actually smiling  as well.
Another thing that I loved about this film and probably one of the most impressive things about it is its use of child voice actors for all of the children in the film.  Not only that, but most of these kids are newcomers to voice acting as well as acting all together.  They all did amazing jobs and truly brought the essence of the characters back to life.
Overall, this was one of my favorite films of the year.  With that being said, it still wasn't my favorite animated film of the year, but it is a very close second.  This is the perfect film to take the entire family to because it has something for everyone.  If you are a Peanuts fans, you have to see this film because you will not be disappointed.  This is one of the funnest films of the year and a guaranteed good time at the movies!!!

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment