Saturday, November 14, 2015

My All American

MPAA Rating: PG for thematic elements, language and brief partial nudity
Run Time: 118 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
So yesterday my daughter and I saw Clarius Entertainment's My All American starring Finn Wittrock (FX's American Horror Story), Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight), Sarah Bolger (ABC's Once Upon A Time), and Robin Tunney (CBS's The Mentalist). It tells the inspiring true story of Freddie Steinmark, a football player for the University of Texas.  All of his life he dreamed of playing football, but he was always deemed too small by most athletics. However, with his determination and hard work that he brings to each game, he is noticed by the University of Texas coach Darrell Royal. Now, as his team is making a run for the national championship, Freddie Steinmark must face his most daunting challenge yet.
So I absolutely loved this film.  For a sports film, this is top-notch and in my opinion, will inspire many.  Many critics have been criticizing this film for being too formulaic and while that may be the case, we can't criticize a film for portraying true life.  This is an incredible story and one I believe everyone can learn from.  This film had me going through a roller coaster of emotions that I had no idea what to expect next. With that said, probably the film's best characteristic is its story, but I can't imagine a film being cast in a better way.  Finn Wittrock and Aaron Eckhart both provide excellent performances. I was especially surprised by Finn Wittrock.  This is a completely different character than anything he has played on American Horror Story and it definitely shows that he has a very bright career ahead of him.
Overall, I would definitely see this film again and from the praise it got from the people in my screening, they would as well.  If you love true stories and are a fan of sports you will love this film just as much as I did.  Honestly, there is nothing wrong with this film and one of the most inspiring sports movies out there.  If you have a chance to see this film do so because you will not regret it. This is one of the best films in theaters right now and if you don't see it would be a real shame.

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment