Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, and for some thematic material
Run Time: 137 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
So today my family and I saw Lionsgate's The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 the final film in The Hunger Games franchise.  It brings with it the incredible returning cast of Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Julianne Moore, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Donald Sutherland, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.  It continues directly after the events of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 with Katniss and the Rebels trying to find a way to enter the Capitol and attack President Snow. Throughout all of this, Katniss must try to unite all of Panem as well as protect everything and everyone she holds dear.
So I loved this film.  This is saying a lot because though I have loved all the other Hunger Games films, I was not a fan of how the book ended.  So I wasn't too sure how I would like the conclusion on the big screen.  Fortunately, my worries were calmed and I actually enjoyed the ending. I definitely believe this is due to the amazing cast and the incredible direction by Francis Lawrence.  The cast is absolutely spectacular.  In my opinion, this is the most talented cast of all the Young Adult adaptions so far.  Jennifer Lawrence plays Katniss so well and there is definitely no other actress that could have played her.  The talent in this cast is unbelievable and many filmmakers who want to adapt books into film should look to this Young Adult franchise and its cast for pointers.  Also, director Francis Lawrence has had an incredible vision over the past 2 films and this one is no different.  Lionsgate took a huge risk hiring him for its last 3 films of this pivotal franchise, but it definitely paid off.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some incredible offers after this.
Overall, I thought this film was spectacular.  This franchise is incredible and deserves all the praise that it gets.  This is an incredible final chapter and for those that have followed it over the past 4 years, will be truly satisfied with the outcome.  For me that hated the final book, this was an incredible ending that truly exceeded my expectations.  This is the movie to see right now and probably one of the best films of the year!!!

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment