Saturday, November 7, 2015

Spectre

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, some disturbing images, sensuality and language
Run Time: 148 Minutes
My Rating: 3.5/5
So today my wife, daughter, and I saw Columbia Pictures' next installment in the James Bond franchise, Spectre, starring Daniel Craig (Skyfall), Christoph Waltz (Horrible Bosses 2), Ralph Fiennes (Harry Potter Series), Naomie Harris (Southpaw), Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy), and Andrew Scott (BBC's Sherlock).  It follows the latest mission for James Bond as he tries to hunt down a person from his past and encounters a sinister organization known as Spectre.
So I did really like this film, but it was not my favorite James Bond movie.  It had all the elements of a Bond movie, but for me it just fell short.  With that being said, there was still things that the film did do well.  As always, I thought the cast did a very good job.  I have been a huge fan of Daniel Craig's interpretation of James Bond and this film is no different.  He is only complimented by one of the best supporting casts of any film this year. They all work so well together and it is truly a pleasure to see all of these amazing actors on the same screen.  Another thing that works so well for Spectre is that it has probably one of the best opening scenes for a Bond movie.  It is spectacular and definitely worth the price of admission.
With that being said, the film really did fall short on a lot of things.  Unfortunately, probably the biggest issue with Spectre is that it has to directly follow Skyfall.  For a James Bond film, Skyfall was a phenomenon and was absolutely amazing.  Spectre had big shoes to fill and has very high expectations, which is pretty unfair in my opinion.  However, I still couldn't help myself from comparing the two and feel disappointed with the follow-up.  Nevertheless, Spectre is a very good film, it just doesn't live up to the enormous success of its predecessor.  Another thing about Spectre that just doesn't work out is its story.  It wasn't the most captivating story and at times I felt confused at what was going on and where the film would be going.  I think I might have to watch it again order fully comprehend and possible fully appreciate what Spectre has to offer.
Overall, this was a pretty good James Bond film.  In my opinion, the cast and the opening sequence are worth the price of admission.  They provide enough value and intrigue for the audience.  It may not be my favorite film, but it is a good film to go see on the big screen.  If you like James Bond or you just want something to see, Spectre is a good way to spend your time.

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment