Saturday, December 5, 2015

Creed

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for violence, language and some sensuality
Run Time: 133 Minutes
My Rating: 4.5/5
Hey everyone, sorry for the double post, but today I saw Warner Brothers and New Line Cinema's Rocky spin-off Creed starring Michael B. Jordan (Fruitvale Station), Tessa Thompson (Dear White People), and Sylvester Stallone (The Expendables).  It tells the story of Adonis Johnson the son of the famous Apollo Creed. Though he never met his father, Adonis wants to follow in his footsteps.  So, he seeks a mentor in his father's friend Rocky Balboa.  Now with Rocky by his side, Adonis must prove to the world that he can fight and he isn't just using the name Creed to get his time in the spotlight.
So I personally really liked this film.  I was a little weary about this film when I first heard about it, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.  I am a huge fan of the Rocky franchise and I believe that this is a great addition to that franchise.  It has an incredible story that truly reminds you why America fell in love with Rocky in the first place.  The true underdog story that can really pull on the heartstrings. This one is no different.  Michael B. Jordan does an incredible job playing the great Apollo Creed's son.  I have been a fan of his since day one and this performance just solidifies his greatness as an actor.  Also, Sylvester Stallone gives another breathtaking performance as the incredible Rocky Balboa.  He has been getting a lot of Oscar buzz for his performance and he deserves every bit of it.  I hope that he does get an award because I believe that his greatest performances have been Rocky Balboa and he should be credited for this amazing character.
Though I loved the film, it was a bit too formulaic for me.  There just isn't any surprise to the film and everything goes down exactly as you would expect.  There is nothing new that this film brings except for a continuation of a story many thought was over.
With that said, I still thought that the film was great.  It has incredible acting and actors and a fantastic story.  This is a great film that will appeal to all moviegoers.  The Rocky franchise is still alive and after seeing the results of this film, the franchise will continue to live on at least for the immediate future.

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment