Saturday, December 5, 2015

Krampus

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of horror violence/terror, language and some drug material
Run Time: 98 Minutes
My Rating: 3/5
So last night I saw Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures' Christmas/Horror film Krampus starring Adam Scott (NBC's Parks and Recreation), Toni Collette (The Way Way Back), David Koechner (ABC's The Goldbergs), Allison Tolman (The Gift), and Conchata Ferrell (CBS' Two and a Half Men).  It tells the story of a dysfunctional family whose lives are put into danger when an ancient evil visits them during their holiday festivities.  Now, they are faced with the challenge to fight for their lives and find the hope in each other in order to survive.
So, I personally liked this film.  It had just enough horror aspects as well as comedy aspects to make it a perfect holiday film for horror lovers.  Now, for horror enthusiasts, this may not be the scariest film, but it is really fun and completely entertaining.  So if you are looking for something scary, this film in not for you, but if you want something fun with a little scare, then this is for you.  The film's comedic roots come from its incredibly talented cast.  All of the amazing actors come from hilarious films and television shows and they prove here that they can do more than comedy.  I was very nervous when I saw who the cast would be, but I was surprisingly mistaken.  It was a breath of fresh air to see a full-on comedic cast do a horror movie.  After seeing this, I would not be opposed to more horror movie casts like this.  Also, I appreciate the film knowing what it is and completely accepting it.  Krampus could have been a completely joke, but it wasn't.  It was carefully crafted and perfectly done.
Overall, I thought this movie was good, but it still had its flaws.  In my opinion, I wish that it would have been scarier, but I can appreciate this film for what it is.  This is definitely not a film for everyone, but for those into this kind of film, will love it.  With that said, I think this film will go down as one of horror fans' favorite holiday films.

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment