Saturday, December 19, 2015

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sci-fi action violence
Run Time: 135 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
So today my family and I saw Walt Disney Studios and LucasFilm's Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens starring Harrison Ford (The Age of Adaline), Mark Hamill (CW's The Flash), Carrie Fisher (Fox's Family Guy), Adam Driver (This is Where I Leave You), and newcomers Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.  It takes place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, with the Galaxy being threatened by a new force called the First Order.  However, with the Resistance last hope, Luke Skywalker, in hiding, the Resistance must rely on Han Solo, Chewbacca and new recruits Finn and Rey in order to take down the First Order and its army of stormtroopers.
So I loved this film.  This was such a great film and I can honestly say that this is the Star Wars movie that everyone has been waiting for.  From the biggest Star Wars fanatic to the general moviegoer, this film has something for everyone.  That is actually one of the film's greatest qualities is that it is marketable to a wide audience.  Though that may be a great quality, the best aspect of the film is that it truly reflects the original trilogy.  From bringing back the original cast to many of the aspects that fans have come to love, this Star Wars film truly resembles what makes this franchise amazing.  With that said, it also brings in some excellent new characters and ideas that breathe fresh air into the franchise. The new actors to the franchise do an amazing job and in my opinion are so much better than the actors and characters that were added into the prequel trilogy.  In fact, there isn't one new addition to this film that I hated.
Though I loved the film and think that there truly is nothing wrong with it, may one caveat that I have to put in there is that it is way too similar to A New Hope.  I am not saying that this is a bad thing, but I only wish that they could have been a little bit more original, but with that said, I do really like where they are taking the franchise in the subsequent films.  It looks quite original.
Overall, I loved this film and it was worth the wait.  This is a great movie for everyone to watch and I hope that it can bring many more people to the franchise.  For those that think that they won't understand it, I promise you that you most likely know enough to get you through it and actually enjoy it.  This is one of the best films of the year and I can't wait to see it again!!

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment