Saturday, February 14, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service

MPAA Rating: R for sequences of strong violence, language and some sexual content.
Run Time: 129 Minutes
My Rating: 4.5/5
Hey y'all, so today my wife and I decided to see Twentieth Century Fox's Kingsman: The Secret Service starring Colin Firth (The King's Speech), Mark Strong (The Imitation Game), Samuel L. Jackson (The Avengers), Michael Caine (The Dark Knight Rises), and recent newcomer Taron Egerton.  The film was directed by Matthew Vaughn (X-Men First Class).  The film is based upon the acclaimed comic book series which details the story of Eggsy (Taron Egerton), a troubled kid, who gets recruited by the Kingsmen, a secret spy organization to participate in their ultra-competitive training program.  However, as the world is being attacked by an evil tech genius, Eggsy's training is fast-tracked in order to save his planet.
First off, I was absolutely entertained all 129 minutes.  I actually wish that this film was longer.  This show has so much going for it, that I can't believe that it took so long to make such an excellent film.  I, personally, have never read the comic books of which this film is based on, so I really did not know what to expect.  So for those, like me, who have never read the comic books, expect James Bond, but a lot let serious and a whole lot more fun.  From start to finish the film knows exactly what it is and what it is trying to accomplish and it does not waiver from it.  The cast is absolutely amazing in this film.  They blend so well together.  I would definitely like to see a sequel just so I can see this cast together again.  Also the action sequences were stunning.  Some of the best scenes I have seen in a long time.  They were just so entertaining that I couldn't stop smiling the entire way through.
Now, honestly, for me I can't find a single reason not to like this film.  The only reason this film isn't receiving a perfect score is because of the shock that I had when I was watching this film.  Now I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but I am just saying this to warn you.  This is a bloody, violent movie.  I was not expecting it to be as bloody as it actually was.  For me, I don't get that queasy, but my wife thought it was disgusting.  So just beware of that before you go.
Overall, I really liked this film.  I was entertained the entire way through.  I would probably see this film again.  It was great.  I would definitely recommend this film to those that can handle a lot of blood.  If you can't handle it, then don't go see this film.  Otherwise, if you go and see it, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks again for reading!! If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment