Saturday, April 25, 2015

Child 44

MPAA Rating: R for violence, some disturbing images, language and a scene of sexuality.
Run Time: 137 Minutes
My Rating: 1/5
So today my wife and I saw Summit Entertainment's Child 44 starring Tom Hardy (Warrior), Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight Trilogy), and Noomi Rapace (Promethus).  The film is set during the Stalin-era of the Soviet Union.  It tells the story of a pro-Stalin soldier who decides to investigate a series of child murders in a country where they deny that such a person could exist. With no one by his side except for his wife and constant backlash from his friends, he faces exile and persecution in order to capture a murderer that no one believes exists.
So personally I did not like this film.  It was one of the biggest waste of 2 hours of my life.  When I saw the trailer for this film it looked very promising.  It looked very thrilling and intense, unfortunately that was not the case.  The film was not what it was portrayed to be and really the hunt for the murderer began when there was only 30 minutes left.  With that being said, the first half of the film was a complete waste.  It was so confusing that by the end of the film I still don't even know what exactly happened.  There were so many plot points and story lines that were not necessary that it made the whole film unbearable.  These pointless story lines also made the film last way longer than it should have been.  If the film had stuck to the premise in the trailer it probably would have been bearable and maybe even enjoyable, but as it drifted away from that premise, so did my attention.
However though I hated this film, I do have to give credit where credit is due.  Tom Hardy does give quite an incredible performance.  He is the only good thing about this film and really the only reason why I didn't stand up and walk out of this film.
Well as if you couldn't tell, this is definitely not a film that I would watch again.  I would recommend this film to no one because I feel like no one should have to sit through 2 hours of boredom.  I hate to say this, but there is a reason why this film lost so many showtimes from last week (opening weekend) to this week.  I wouldn't be surprised if this film isn't in theaters come next week or the week after.  Yes, it is that bad.  My recommendation is please don't see this film and waste your time and your money!!!

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment