Sunday, April 5, 2015

Furious 7

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for prolonged frenetic sequences of violence, action and mayhem, suggestive content and brief strong language.
Run Time: 137 Minutes
My Rating: 4.5/5
So tonight my wife and I saw Furious 7, the next installment in the Fast and Furious Franchise.  The film stars Vin Diesel (Riddick Trilogy), the late Paul Walker (Eight Below), Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar), and Dwayne Johnson (Hercules).  The film also brought in new talent with Jason Statham (The Transporter Series), Kurt Russell (Sky High), and in the director's chair James Wan (The Conjuring).  The film starts directly where the last film left off. After destroying Owen Shaw, his brother Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham) is out for revenge against Torreto, Brian and their family. However, he may be their greatest threat ever.  Now, the gang is back together trying to take down one more person so that they can finally live their lives in peace.  As they travel around the world to save their family, they will have to rely on each other and their new friends in order to survive their most wild ride yet!!!
So personally, I really liked this film and am a huge fan of the franchise.  I was very late in the game to this franchise, the first one I ever watched was Fast and Furious 6, but after watching all of the films now, I am hooked!!  This is a franchise that should have never become what it is now, but the thing I love about this franchise is that it knows how ridiculous it may be and it is proud of it.  This franchise is not out to win Oscars (even though Vin Diesel says that it will), but it is out to entertain it's audience and entertain it does.  This film is no exception, in fact, this film pushes the boundaries on what this franchise can be.  Some of the stunts that this film pulls off are so outlandish, but at the same time breathtaking.  The film brings so much action and adrenaline that you will be on the edge of your seat the entire time.  However, probably the best part about this film is that even though it is full of action and adrenaline, the film still has time for some very emotional and heartbreaking moments.  In fact, the final moments of the film has an incredibly heart-wrenching tribute to the late Paul Walker and I would recommend anyone to sit through the film just for this tribute.  It had the entire audience in tears.
Though I thought the film was incredible and I will definitely see it again, the biggest problem with the film though is that there was way too much going on.  The film took so many twists and turns to finally get to the finale that at one point I was wondering how they were going to tie it all together. I wish that the film could have just focused on one story than adding multiple to the plot.
Overall, I loved the film.  I would definitely recommend this film to all those that love this franchise. This is a worthy entry in the franchise and those familiar with it, will love this film.  Also if you haven't seen the other films, I still believe that you should go see it.  I don't think that you should have a problem keeping up with the story, but if you are worried, you can read summaries of the films online.  Either way, you should see this film.  It is full of action and entertainment and it is something that is completely worth your money!!

Thanks again for reading!! If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment