Saturday, January 17, 2015

American Sniper

MPAA Rating: R for strong and disturbing war violence, and language throughout including some sexual references.
Run Time: 132 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
So tonight my wife and I went and saw Warner Brothers' American Sniper starring Bradley Cooper (American Hustle) and Sienna Miller (Casanova).  The film was directed by Clint Eastwood (Million Dollar Baby).  The film is based upon the book of the same name and follows the true story of Chis Kyle, the most lethal sniper in U.S. history.  It follows him in his early years as a simple Texan just wanting to be a cowboy, through his training to become a Navy Seal, his four tours in Iraq, and finally his life after his time in the war.  The film focuses on his relationships with his wife and also those that he served with.
So I absolutely loved this film.  Out of all of the movies that are up for Academy Awards this year, this is by far my favorite.  I honestly believe that this film should win every award that it is nominated for, but unfortunately just because of the way the Academy works, it won't.  However that doesn't discredit the film in any way.  There is so many things that this film has going for it that it is hard not to love. First of all the man behind the story is an absolute American hero.  What he did for this country is something that should be recognized by all.  He is a great representation of every person who has risked their lives for this country.  They are asked to do so much and things that us here in America couldn't even imagine every single day while they are there, and each and every day we forget to appreciate them or we discredit them when we have no right to do so.  They deserve to be honored and that is what this movie does.  Chris Kyle is one spectacular man and a hero and this movie does a great job at showing this.  Another thing that I loved about this film is that the man himself Chris Kyle helped in the production and the writing of this movie.  His family has come out and supported this film 100% which makes this film even more special.  When you go into the theater you know that what you get is an actual true life account.  That is what makes this film so special.
So honestly in my eyes this film did no wrong.  For me it was perfect.  However I will warn you that there is some war violence in this film.  So if you can't handle some blood than this probably isn't the movie for you.
As if you couldn't tell already, I loved this film.  It was fantastic.  I could watch this film again and again.  This is a film that I would recommend to everyone.  This film will give you a greater appreciation of those serving our country and their family members at home.  Also it will give you just a small glimpse of what those that return home have to go through.  This is a film that I think everyone should see and I promise you that if you do, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment