Saturday, January 10, 2015

Taken 3

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, 
and for brief strong language.
Run Time: 109 Minutes
My Rating: 3.5/5
So tonight my wife and I decided to go see Twentieth Century Fox's Taken 3 starring Liam Neeson (Non-Stop), Forest Whitaker (Lee Daniel's The Butler), and Maggie Grace (ABC's Lost).  The film is the third film (and hopefully the last) in the Taken franchise and once again follows Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) as he is trying to save his family.  This time around Bryan Mills his accused of murdering his ex-wife Lenore after he returns home one day to find his wife dead on his bed.  Now he has to find who killed Lenore before the police department find him and locks him up.  
I really liked this film.  It has a lot of action and a great story. It is just like every other Liam Neeson movie where no matter what happens he is just unstoppable.  Even when it looks like he can't go no more somehow he is able to pull through.  However unlike every other Liam Neeson movie for some reason I love the Taken franchise.  I think for one thing it shows just how far a person would go for his or her family.  It is something that everyone can relate to.  Sure not everyone will be asked to do the same things that Bryan Mills does for his family, it still is a great representation of how important the family unit really is.  So that is why I love the franchise, but the reason I liked this film in particular is that it was different from its previous installments.  Instead of Bryan Mills hunting down those that kidnapped his family, and though he does that in this film, the filmmakers added an extra element with him being hunted as well.  Though the police that hunt him don't stand a chance against him it was still interesting to see this added element.
However, though I liked this film, there were however some things that I didn't like.  For one the film was a completely different sequel than what I was planning on.  I don't want to spoil the film for you, but I thought that this film would build upon the ending of the second film (Taken 2) since it left on a cliffhanger, however this film has its own unique story.  Now I am not saying that it is a bad thing, it was just different from what I was expecting.  
Overall, I liked the film.  It was entertaining and action-packed.  If you like the other films in the franchise or just Liam Neeson than you will definitely like this one.  I would definitely recommend this film to people because it definitely will not disappoint.    

No comments:

Post a Comment