Saturday, July 18, 2015

Ant-Man

MPAA Rating; PG-13 for sci-fi action violence
Run Time: 117 Minutes
My Rating: 5/5
So today my wife and I saw Marvel Studios' Ant-Man starring Paul Rudd (Admission), Michael Douglas (Last Vegas), Evangeline Lilly (ABC's Lost), Corey Stoll (Non-Stop), Bobby Cannavale (Chef), and Michael Pena (End of Watch).  The film tells the story of Scott Lang, an ex-convict, who is recruited by Dr. Hank Pym shortly after his release from prison.  Swearing off crime for good, Hank asks Scott to do one more job for him. Unknown to Scott is the fact that this one last job could save the world.  So with the help of Hank's Ant-Man suit, Scott must find his inner hero in order to save the people that he loves.
I absolutely loved this movie.  Marvel has done it again and provided us with a film that is truly spectacular.  This is one of my favorite Marvel movies and in my opinion so much better than the Avengers: Age of Ultron.  This is a huge statement for me to say because I loved that movie.  The thing that I liked most about this film was that it reminded me why I fell in love with Marvel movies in the first place.  Before the big theatrics with Avengers, Marvel was trying to set up a universe and telling origin stories of some of its characters. This movie takes us back to the origin story format in order to introduce us to a new superhero.  This is definitely a much smaller scale movie than what we have come to expect during Marvel's Phase 2 of movies (anything following the Avengers), but it is a nice change and definitely a great change of pace.
There are so many reasons to love this film.  For one thing it is absolutely hilarious.  Paul Rudd does an amazing job and he is probably one of my favorite characters and actors in the Marvel Universe.  I was a little skeptical when he was first cast, but I can officially say that I was wrong.  Another reason why I loved this film is that it is a true family film.  This film has something the entire family will love.  I know the rating says PG-13, but I promise you that younger kids could watch this with no problem.  If you want to get your kid into the Marvel Universe, this is a great film to start them on. In fact, they will probably like this film better than most other films out right now.
Overall, I thought this film was amazing.  I will definitely see this film again and again.  From the very beginning of this film I was already wondering when i could go back and see it for a second time.  This is a great film and one that you should definitely see.  In my opinion, other than Inside Out, this film is the best film that is out right now.  Marvel has done it again and this is one that you definitely should not miss.

Thanks again for reading!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment