Monday, July 27, 2015

Pixels

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some language and suggestive comments
Run Time: 105 Minutes
My Rating: 3/5
So today my wife and I saw Sony Pictures Releasing, Columbia Pictures, and Happy Madison Productions' Pixels starring Adam Sandler (Blended), Kevin James (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2), Michelle Monaghan (The Best of Me), Peter Dinklage (HBO's Game of Throne), Josh Gad (The Wedding Ringer), and Jane Krakowski (NBC's 30 Rock).  The film was directed by Christopher Columbus (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone). The film tells the story of Brenner, a 1980's arcade gamer, who is called by the President of the United States to save the world when an alien race attacks the world using the form of video games such as Pac-Man and Donkey Kong.  Now, him and his "nerd" friends have to use their special talents that everyone mocked them about in order to save the world and all of humanity.
So before I review this film, I have to admit that I am actually an Adam Sandler fan, so I am a little biased when it comes to his films, however I know that there are a lot of people out there that don't like Adam Sandler and if you are one of those people, do not go see this film.  You will not like it, so don't even bother.  However, with that being said, I actually liked this film, but it is not the best Adam Sandler film.  Though the film has its moments and typical Adam Sandler humor, the best part of this film is by far the incredible tribute to the classic 80's arcade games.  Though I did not grow up in the 80's, I vividly remember playing these games when I was young and seeing them all on the screen truly put a smile to my face.  That was the best part of the film and is the only fathomable reason why you should watch this film if you are not an Adam Sandler fan.
Even though I did like the film, the thing I did not like about it was the ineffective way that the incredible cast was used.  I thought that a lot of the actors talents were extremely underutilized and they could have achieved so much more.  I think they could have done so much more and it was a real shame seeing their talents being completely wasted.
Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and quite enjoyable.  Like I said above, I am biased and this film is definitely not for everyone.  However, this film pay a great tribute to classic 80's arcade games and it will truly bring a smile to your face seeing it.

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment