Friday, July 24, 2015

The Vatican Tapes

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for disturbing violent content, and some
sexual references
Run Time: 91 Minutes
My Rating: 0/5
So last night I saw Lionsgate and Lakeshore Entertainment's The Vatican Tapes starring Michael Pena (Ant-Man), Dougray Scott (Taken 3), John Patrick Amedori (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), and Olivia Taylor Dudley (Transcendence).  The film tells the story of Angela Holmes who gets caught up in the ultimate battle between good and evil.  When strange events start occurring around her after her 27th birthday, she is suspected of being possessed by a demon.  However after further examination it is determined that the demonic force inside of her is stronger than anyone could have imagined. So, it is up to Father Lozano in order to not only save the soul of Angela, but also save the entire world.
So this movie was horrible.  I can't believe I wasted time and money in order to go and see this pathetic excuse for a film. When I first saw the trailers, I was quite intrigued.  It honestly looked like it had so much potential as a horror film.  I mean, my wife and I were watching a movie a few months ago and this trailer came on and I saw people leave the film because of this trailer.  So I came in with somewhat-high expectations and I was severely disappointed.  First off, the film takes a long time to build up the suspense and the story in hopes that the final act of the film will suffice it enough to satisfy the viewers.  Unfortunately, the final act is not satisfying and all the suspense that was built is destroyed when the audience finds out that they have already seen the entire third act in the trailer. This film brings nothing new to the genre and is really just a disappointment on all grounds.  Not even the cast can save this mess of a film.  This film should never have been made.  It looks like the director was trying too hard to set up this film for a sequel, that he forgot to actually make this film good enough to warrant a sequel.
This film is probably the worst film I have seen all year.  Do not waste your time with this film because it will be 91 minutes that you will never get back.  There are so many better films out there and even if you are a horror fan, this is definitely one that you should never see!!

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment