Saturday, July 25, 2015

Paper Towns

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some language, drinking, sexuality and partial nudity - all involving teens
Run Time: 109 Minutes
My Rating: 3.5/5
So today I also saw 20th Century Fox's Paper Towns starring Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars) and Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina).  The film is adapted from the bestselling novel of the same name by John Green (The Fault in Our Stars).  It tells the story of Quentin, a by-the-book senior in high school, who has been in love with his neighbor, Margo, for as long as he can remember.  One night before graduation, he has the best night of his life as he travels around town with Margo.  However, after that night, Margo has disappeared without telling anyone.  Now, Quentin and his friends must go on a road trip, following the clues left behind by Margo, in order to find her.
So I thought that this film was good, but not great.  I definitely think that this film is not as good as last year's John Green adaption, The Fault in Our Stars, but I do think that it is an entertaining film with a great message.  The film is quite entertaining and that mainly has to do with its young cast. Nat Wolff had a supporting role in last year's The Fault in Our Stars and he takes over as leading man with great ease.  He is very fun to watch and is a very likable person.  He along with the rest of the cast definitely blend well together and it truly looks like they are having the time of their lives on screen.  That makes the film worthwhile to watch and definitely watchable.  Also, the film has one of the greatest cameos that only the true fans will enjoy.  I also think that this film has one of the greatest messages from a movie this year.
Though I thought the film was great, there were still some things that I did not like about it.  For one thing, there were moments in the film that dragged on for a little bit too long.  Also, for me not reading the book before seeing the movie, was not a fan of the ending.  It just wasn't what I was expecting, so if you haven't read the book, just beware that the film may not end exactly the way you think.  That is not entirely a bad thing, I just wasn't expecting it and so it was just a big shock.
Overall, I thought the film had great elements and was put together well.  This is definitely a film for the fans of John Green, but most general audiences will be entertained.  I would probably watch this film again, just because the cast is so likable.  This is great counter-programming for this summer and definitely a fun, enjoyable film to watch.

Thanks again for reading!!!  If you have any questions, comments, or ideas just let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment